Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekly Report: Week 19
It's all a blur


Long week, but we're settling into the schedule again and even managed to start school on time two days this week.  Last week was NOT like that.

School work is same ol', same ol'.  I'm thinking we need some sort of field trip soon, but those are hard to decide upon in January--I am not hiking around the zoo in freezing weather.  Field trips are supposed to be enjoyable, not make you question your sanity and devotion to your calling as a mother.  Outdoors, right now, will not accomplish that goal.

Bluebird is still working on Little Women (for free on the Kindle!) and Penguin tackled War of the Worlds this week.

They both hate me for choosing War of the Worlds for them to read this year.  If I was a horrible, mean-spirited mother, I'd plop them down in front of the movie.  Hee hee, the exhausted-by-whining part of me cackles over the idea.


We've had fun with math this week, Penguin learned about lines of symmetry:


Junebug is getting the hang of worksheets after her math lessons.  She wasn't quite sure how she felt about it for the first week, but it's somewhat enjoyable for her now because she knows that she'll get to color:


We had a storm come through our area in the past week or so, and I just found pictures from it, so I thought I'd share.  Part of the fun of homeschooling is letting my kids have first crack at the snow in the park while all the other neighborhood kids are at school.  Hee hee.





Another week done!  I'll have to sit down and figure out something fun to do field trip-wise.  Happy weekend to you all!

2 comments:

  1. We could use a field trip as well, but the weather has not been the best. Hopefully this week we can visit the science center. Love the snowy day pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! I'm feeling 'snowed-in' here. Thankfully that it's warming up a bit.

    BTW, love the Hello Kitty hat on your daughter! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing!