Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cookies & Cocoa






One of my Wise Mama bits of advice:  When you send your (young) children out to play in the snow, set a timer for 30 minutes when the youngest goes out the door.  When the timer goes off, start the kettle.  It usually works out that I've just finished mixing up everyone's cocoa when some of them start heading back in, pink-cheeked and in need of some refreshment.  So much easier than having them clamoring around my knees and telling me how cold they are while we're waiting for the water to boil.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially being in hot Africa--nice to see the hot cocoa and pink cheeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... We love cocoa and cookies. Especially with whipped cream.

    The 30 minute timer would never work here though. Even my 4yo is a minimum of a 2 hour snow-play kind of kid. I should set it for myself though :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing!