- I have New Year's goals. But I don't want to share them. Normally I want to scream out to the world what I'm planning on doing, but I'm kind of tired of announcing my plans and not following through. I'm thinking of only showing what I've done this year, rather than fill up my time writing and talking about maybe doing stuff.
- I love the idea of a theme word for the year. I've noticed that a lot of folks do this, so I thought all during November and December about what my Word For 2013 was going to be. Final decision: REALIZE. (As in, bring to fruition.) I've had a lot of things I've wanted to do for years upon years, but have spent a whole lotta time saying "I can't do that because I'm pregnant/I'm nursing/my kids take naps/I homeschool/etc." I don't want my life to be like that anymore. 2013 is going to be the year of REALIZING dreams and goals.
- We completed our third week of school of this quarter. Things are going well. I think I'm going to let myself off the hook for projects and activities right now--we're busy with a lot of things (on purpose, in an attempt to add some color to the gray winter months) and school extras just add stress right now.
- It's an odd year, which means birthday parties. There are two birthdays in February and my evenings are completely booked with party prep. I'm going all out this year, simply because I never really have and I have always wanted to be "that mom." Time to REALIZE a little dream.
- Seriously, I've been banking on being "that mom" since before I even met Michael--one semester I was taking 17 credits and then decided to throw on a cake decorating course as preparation for my future homemaking days. Parties are fun. Bring on the parties.
- That "cake decorating semester" = highest GPA of my college career. Having access to multiple cakes and endless tubs of frosting really make studying a whole lot more enjoyable.
- Monkeyboy has caught the nasty virus that's making its way through our neighborhood. He announced his illness by unceremoniously vomitting on me while I was sleeping.
- Gotta tell ya, that is not my preferred method for being summoned to consciousness.
- My kids are obsessed with The Avengers. They all hate Tony Stark, think The Hulk is absolutely hilarious, and Junebug has a serious crush going on for Captain America. The four of them love to call Loki "Hokey" and then erupt into squeals of laughter.
- My Christmas tree is still up. Michael was planning to throw it away, but then I realized that if he is planning on buying a new one this year that I could totally keep the old one and start REALIZING my wish for a Christmas tree is every room in the house. As a result, he won't take the original down because he put it up with the intent of throwing it away and that apparently makes it harder to dismantle. Something about the lights.
- It's always about the lights in regards to Christmas.
- And I'm on Minute 18 of the "20 minutes" I asked Michael to give me to write a blog post, so I'm going to end this little bit o' randomness and go spend some time with The Significant Other.
Monday, January 21, 2013
I have many fabulous blog posts to write, I really do--but finding the time to write them is hard to come by at the moment. Cue the theme music for a Post o' Random Thoughts: