Here's the list so far:
- Kennecott Mine: Has the added bonus of Girl Scouts and Leaders getting in free if they're in uniform, and the opportunity to earn a Girl Scout patch.
- U-DIG Fossils: Dig up your own fossils...awesome!
- Explore the Wasatch Fault Line.
- Dig up some Dugway Geodes.
- Explore a Cave. (Ideally, the Timpanogos Caves, but they're a little out of our league this year.)
- Dig up other rocks.
- Visit Crystal Geyser. (Cold water)
We're smack dab in the middle of things here in Utah. I would love to visit Yellowstone after we study volcanoes and geysers, and I would love to go to the Grand Canyon after we study it as well. I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of things there really are to be done around here.
(And I totally didn't know that I look at the Wasatch Fault Line every time I look out my back door! I feel so geologically-savvy now.)