1. Wrapping paper or bags? Both. I like how it looks under the tree to have both.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We converted to fake a few years back...I sure do not miss watering a real one or cleaning up pine needles.
3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime between the day after Thanksgiving and a couple of weeks into December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Hehehe. Ideally, the first week of January or so. When I was pregnant with Rabbit, we took it down shortly before St. Patrick's Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? I
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Last year I said I couldn't remember any of them...but a bunch have come back to memory just now. None of them stick out particularly. I still have fond memories of my clear telephone...but only until my brother broke it the next day.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Mr. Brooke--everything he wants is expensive. (Sorry babe, I don't have $10,000.)
8. Easiest person to buy for? Bluebird--take her to any store, anywhere, and she'll want half of it. It's fun to shop for a preschool girl.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a plaque with Joseph, Mary and Jesus on it. I really want the Little People Nativity this year, with all the accessories. What a novel concept: a nativity scene that children can't break. Genius.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. But I'm not sending any this year, I think.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A wrapped box that contained the evidence of something I had already received.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I sure do like "ELF." Smiling's my favorite.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November or so.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Gingerbread men with that wonderfully thick white icing that's all twisty on their cuffs.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, but only clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night or Gesu Bambino (with the violin part...so beautiful!)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Thanksgiving is the travelling holiday for me.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yeah. I have to, I'm a mom.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. I have seen way too many ugly, gaudy angels atop trees to ever consider putting one on mine voluntarily.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning--there's nothing like waking up to squeals of joy coming from the living room.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I can't bake everything I want to bake.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like them all. I'm quite tickled over the whole "confectionary" theme that I've seen here and there lately.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, rolls, caesar salad, mashed potatoes, some other stuff, mince pie. No one makes mince pies anymore, which is a real shame.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A panini press and an awesome built-in bookshelf. To not go into debt over Christmas. More peace in my heart on a regular basis.